Living with Purpose with Rod Stryker
Rod Stryker is a world-renowned yoga and meditation teacher, guiding and sharing his wisdom for 40 years. He is the founder of ParaYoga®, the author of The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom and creator of the app Sanctuary, a premier destination for all levels of those wanting to experience the life-changing practices of meditation and yoga nidra, also known as enlightened sleep.
A living link to a venerable lineage of sages and teachers, Rod is distinguished for his ability to make ancient wisdom and practices accessible to modern audiences. A thought-leader for how best to live with meaning, creativity, responsibility and freedom, he guides experienced students and teachers of yoga and meditation seeking to deepen and share their understanding of the ancient wisdom and timeless practices.
- Knowing we are already innately whole
- Stilling the mind gives us the opportunity to understand our true nature and purpose
- Discerning the difference between non-constructive and constructive purpose
- Working with the desires in our life
- Understanding our happiness is an expression of how close we are to living our purpose
- ParaYoga, Rod Stryker’s yoga school. Includes upcoming teachings and events.
- The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom
- Sanctuary App
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Bhagavad Gita. Amy is partial to these translations:
- Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell. “He offers a direct and poetic translation of the classic Gita that allows the reader to follow the threads without commentary, making for a beautiful unbroken story that highlights purpose, struggle and spiritual practice clearly.”
- Bhagavad Gita by Graham M. Schweig. “This translation of the Gita offers the readers what he calls textual illuminations as an aid to to students interested in further study of topics that cross various themes such as purpose, study, commitment and intention. A Sanskrit transliteration is also included.”
Shambhala Publications (our amazing publisher!) is dedicated to creating books, audio, and immersive courses aimed at improving lives—in ways big and small—in the hope of contributing to the development of a thoughtful, kindhearted, and contemplative society.
Giveaway: This week, Shambhala is giving away a gift bag of books to one lucky listener. The collection includes Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind, When Things Fall Apart, The Monkey Is the Messenger, Love Hurts and Living the Sutras. To enter, rate and review this podcast, take a screenshot and share it on your Instagram Stories, tag us @kellydinardo, @amypearcehayden and @shambhala_publications.