Non-Stealing with Michelle C. Johnson
Michelle C. Johnson is a social justice activist, anti-racism trainer, yoga teacher and author Skill in Action: Radicalizing Your Yoga Practice to Create a Just World. With over 20 years of experience leading dismantling racism work and working with clients as a licensed clinical social worker, Michelle has a deep understanding of how trauma impacts the mind, body, spirit, and heart. Michelle leads Dismantling Racism Trainings with large corporations, small non-profits, and community groups. She teach workshops in yoga studios and community spaces nationwide. And she gives talks and interviews to address the heartbreak dominant culture causes and to inspire change that allows people to stand in their humanity and wholeness.
- Michelle’s yoga journey
- How dominant culture harms the collective good, not just the oppressed
- What is skill in action
- How yoga guides Michelle off the mat
- How yoga can guide us in facing social injustices
- How racism steals from the wholeness of our experience
- Michelle’s web site with upcoming events and workshops
- Instagram @skillinaction and @mysticcassandra instagram
- Twitter @skillinaction
- Michelle’s Facebook page
- Bhagavad Gita. Amy is partial to these translations:
- Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell. “He offers a direct and poetic translation of the classic Gita that allows the reader to follow the threads without commentary, making for a beautiful unbroken story that highlights purpose, struggle and spiritual practice clearly.”
- Bhagavad Gita by Graham M. Schweig. “This translation of the Gita offers the readers what he calls textual illuminations as an aid to to students interested in further study of topics that cross various themes such as purpose, study, commitment and intention. A Sanskrit transliteration is also included.”
Shambhala Publications is the proud publisher of Living the Sutras: A Guide to Yoga Wisdom beyond the Mat by Kelly DiNardo and Amy Pearce-Hayden and Restore and Rebalance: Yoga for Deep Relaxation by Judith Hanson Lasater.
Restorative yoga offers the body a chance to rest deeply and revitalize. Whether you are feeling weak, fatigued, stressed from daily activities, or simply need to slow down and tune into your body, this wonderfully adaptive practice is essential for well-being. Many of the practices offered inRestore and Rebalance are simple and accessible for people of all ages and in all states of health, using props that are readily available—like pillows and chairs. Discover how just a few minutes a day of active, supported rest can improve your mood, your energy, and your sense of physical comfort and ease.
Use code ASTEYA30 to get 30% off your purchase of Restore and Rebalance and Living the Sutras on Shambhala.com!
Code: ASTEYA30 *Code valid on shambhala.com through December 31, 2019. Enter code in shopping cart. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Alchimie Forever is a clean and clinical skin care line developed by Switzerland’s top dermatologist. The products are anti-aging, paraben-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, and ideal for all skin types. Use the code SUTRA20 to get 20% off your Alchimie Forever products.